Men and Beauty
Today most men are just not content with the traditional segments of male fashion like apparels, footwear, accessories and at the max jewellery, but are instead exploring their feminine side as well.
Earlier men fashion was mainly restricted to four sections - apparels, footwear, accessories and jewellery, and while shopping they usually sought for things that are stylish, durable and comfortable.
Today most men are just not confined to these four sections. They are no longer coy to explore their feminine side as well. Most men these days are open to seek beauty tips and deep down some of them are just as conscious as women about their looks.
It is increasingly becoming a wrong notion that beauty is the domain of women only. Men have the right to look good and feel good, and they have started to come out openly with their needs and wishes. All across India, especially in the metros and cities have adorned and embellished themselves to enhance their looks. More and more men have started to appreciate that nice grooming and care can add a different dimension to their looks, and that smart beauty tips will help them to enhance their appearances and inner beauty, and thereby increasing the overall prospects in their personal and professional life.
Here are some of the popular beauty tips for men which, will very useful in keeping their hectic lifestyle:
* Cleansing is the first step of beauty regimen for men. Even rugged look cannot afford dirt and spots on your face. Use good quality cleansers to keep your skin in good condition. Apply toner and moisturizer after cleansing to keep your skin smooth and flawless.
* If the skin tone of a man is not even, then don’t stand out with all the imperfections. Apply a little make-up to conceal the imperfection. Apply a little foundation on your face to make the skin tone even and to cover blemishes. First use oil-free moisturizer on your face to make your make-up long lasting.
* If you are slogging day and night your face is bound to look tired and haggard. If you are not having proper sleep and dark patches have appeared under your eyes, then apply concealer with a brush under your eyes to hide your tiredness.
* Your well-defined face will enhance your appearance. To make your face well-defined you have to resort to a little make-up. Highlight the positive features of your face with pinky-brown shade and stand out in the crowd.
* For skin care, try using a light moisturizer on the skin with sunscreen. It is just as good for men to get into a daily regimen for skin care. Do a cleansing then use an exfoliate scrub or mask and then follow with a light moisturizer. Once your skin begins to get smoother and softer, shaving won’t be such a chore.
The increasing number of men who see nothing wrong on being considered beautiful and not just handsome, and who are not averse to making the best of their look, be it while attending marriages, formal meetings or informal parties or just a get together comes under the category of a Metrosexual male.
In India Upen Patel is a prime example amongst the many who routinely and openly admit to having manicure, pedicure done and prefers a clean look and make no qualms about it. And this is not restricted to the world of art and entertainment, but men from all walks of life and career are associating themselves with metrosexualism. And this trend is going to attain more popular following in time.